CHIEF LENDING OFFICER
The Chief Lending Officer (CLO) oversees all lending and related activity. This involves building relationships with developers, non-profits, business owners, and financial partners to originate, underwrite and close loans in support of the company’s mission.
- Lead/manage/support the Lending Team, which currently includes: Loan Officers, Credit Risk Manager, Portfolio Manager, and Construction Manager.
- The Loan Officers generate leads, originate and underwrite loans, present to loan committees, close loans, and monitor loan performance through the life of the loan.
- The Credit Risk Manager is responsible for maintaining procedures and protocols for CDF’s loan portfolio to prevent or ameliorate loan losses. He/she also engages in loan origination/underwriting as appropriate.
- The Loan Portfolio Manager is accountable for proactive monitoring of CDF’s loan portfolio from pre-closing activities through loan payoff.
- The Construction Draw Manager oversees CDF’s portfolio of construction loans, working to ensure projects proceed on schedule, within the construction budget, and according to approved plans and specifications.
- Work with President and Management Team to create/add/modify existing lending positions (above) as needed to ensure efficiency and appropriateness of organizational alignment and to respond to organizational growth.
- Create and foster effective, lasting relationships with community, government and corporate partners. Participate in community events and opportunities as appropriate to promote CDF and contribute to community development finance.
- Create new lending and other financing products or programs which would satisfy financing needs that are not currently not met by traditional lenders and existing programs, while adding value in fulfillment of CDF’s mission.
- Contribute to development, implementation, and execution of CDF’s strategic plan.
- Effectively communicate with President and Management Team to share and gain information to promote cohesiveness and teamwork across the organization.
- Four-year college degree in business, community development, finance or a related field plus 7-9 years experience in lending, credit risk management and/or commercial real estate financing
- Strong credit, underwriting and portfolio management skills
- Knowledge of and experience with tax credit financing programs
- Experience building and leading a high-performing team
- Understanding of financial statements
- Public speaking experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills – able to work with people at all organizational/community levels
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Team player – committed to working in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Passion for urban issues, CDF’s mission
- Superior organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Banking experience
- CDFI knowledge/experience
- Understanding of or experience with New Markets Tax Credit program
Cincinnati Development Fund offers competitive pay along with comprehensive benefits options including medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan (with company contribution); company-paid life insurance; long-term disability insurance; and generous paid time off.
About Cincinnati Development Fund:
Cincinnati Development Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit lending institution that fills a gap not covered by traditional lenders. CDF provides funding for real estate development in under-served markets in the Greater Cincinnati area as well as facilities and equipment funding for nonprofit organizations in the region. CDF’s mission is to provide innovative real estate financing for projects that strengthen low-income neighborhoods and improve lives. Its vision is to be at the forefront of redevelopment plans in Greater Cincinnati, helping low-income communities preserve their historic buildings and create vibrant, inclusive neighborhoods.
A certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and Community Development Entity (CDE), CDF is an equal opportunity employer and an equal opportunity provider.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.